Guide to configuring trackmate on Windows using the PS3Eye
OverviewA very quick tutorial for the entire round trip of setting up the PS3Eye getting the Trackmate Tracker working and using it with Processing. It's mainly a collection of links to avoid googling everything :p
- Java Runtime Environment -- Install the latest JRE, it is needed for running standalone Processing apps
- PS3Eye Driver -- Install the software. You have to scroll way down on the page to find the link.
- Trackmate Tracker and Tagger -- Download both and unpack them. No installation required, but it is handy to make shortcuts to the executables.
- Processing -- Download and extract. Again, no installation needed.
- LusidOSC -- Download the simulator and Processing bundle. Just extract the files, no need to install anything.
- Start up Processing. You can immediately close it, but you need to verify it works and let it register filetype handles.
- Open up the LusidOSC simulator, and then open any of the PDE files provided by the LusidOSC bundle. You should be able to move the pieces in the simulator and have them work with the sample applications. Close the simulator when you're ready to proceed.
- Go into a DOS prompt (Start Menu->run, type cmd and hit enter) and then navigate to where the PS3Eye test application was installed (For me it's: cd C:\"Program Files"\AlexP) Run the following command: regsvr32 PS3Eye.ax
- Open up Trackmate Tracker and verify that you can see video (Assuming the PS3 eye is connected). Try hitting s if you have multiple cameras and it's not working, or v to change views.
- To setup the Tracker follow the guide
- Now toggle the view(Press v) till it says it's in "Fast Mode", and rerun one of the sample apps in the LusidOSC Processing bundle. And you're done.