Comparison of various PRNGs
OverviewImplementations of a few psuedo-random number generators, and a comparison of their statistical properties.
- Clock Drift -- A small program to measure the number of CPU cycles between the thread quantums (How till the operating system gets back to that thread)
- AES Encryption -- Chris's AES encryption based PRNG
- Atmospheric Data -- Collected from the webservice at random.org
- /dev/random -- Entropy from user input (ie. Keyboard or mouse) ran through SHA1
- /dev/urandom -- Same as /dev/random but reuses the entropy pool to prevent blocking
- XORed Data -- All of the above data (Excluding urandom) XORed together